Habitat for Humanity of Greater Bangor is looking for interested members of our community to join one of our many committees.....
Family Selection Committee
This committee shall be responsible for drafting the selection criteria and application forms, screening applications, interviewing applicants, and recommending applicants to the board of directors for approval as prospective homeowners.
This committee shall be responsible for coordinating the raising of funds needed to conduct the business of the corporation. The tasks to be coordinated by this committee shall include fund-raising campaigns; grant proposal writing, special fund- raising events, and cultivation of major donors. This committee shall emphasize and promote the importance of Christian stewardship in the servicing of donors and supporters.
Public Relations Committee
This committee shall be responsible for educating and informing the public regarding the mission and purposes of the corporation, the need for better and more affordable housing in certain areas, and the steps being taken to meet this need. The tasks to be coordinated by this committee shall include public speaking, communicating with the news media, and publishing of a periodic newsletter.
Faith Relations Committee
Establishing strong relationships with churches can strengthen your affiliate and ultimately help you serve more families in your community who need a simple, decent home in which to live. In addition to supporting Habitat with funds and labor, churches can help your affiliate:
• Build a prayer network.
• Establish a vision for transforming lives.
• Maintain your focus in living out the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Building relationships with churches can help support our HFH building committee by giving leads for building sites that maybe available.
• Strengthen your family selection and partnering efforts.
• Supply your board and committees with “fired up” members.
• Educate the community about the need for simple, decent, healthy housing.
• Sanction your work and establish credibility in the community.
HFHGB Board of Directors
To serve in partnership with other board members to provide legal and moral leadership and responsibility for all activities of affiliate operations. Board members support the activities of operating committees, and are solely responsible for determining affiliate policy in areas of human resources, planning, finance, community relations, and organizational operations and administration.